Welcome to my blog focused on all things wellness related in the workplace! Thank you for taking the time to swing by, I’m KJ, the person behind Workplace Wellness Guru!
With a degree in a health/fitness field, the idea of working in a traditional office environment was my worst nightmare. I was able to avoid it for awhile but eventually I was surrounded by bland, five foot tall, drab cubicle walls. I settled into a career that promoted employee wellness and it quickly became my passion. We spend almost 1/3 of our lives on the job which is why it’s just as important to be healthy and happy on the job as it is away from the office.
So what’s my goal here?
With the abundance of information on the internet regarding workplace wellness, my goal is to filter through it for you and keep things simple and accessible. I know first hand how overwhelming it can be to sift through endless pages to find the information you’re looking for. Whether you want a five minute workout to stretch those kinks from sitting at a desk all day or learn how to Zen your personal office space….I’m here to provide ideas and clarification on how to create and maintain the “healthiest you” at work!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I really enjoy hiking, it’s probably my favorite hobby.
- My favorite movies are The Lion King and White Chicks which are on completely random ends of the spectrum, I know!
- I have a dog named Maggie and a cat named Potato.
- I’m in grad school for an MBA which is very exciting but also nerve wracking.
- I started a plant based diet in January 2020. So far I’m feeling great!
- I was born and raised in California and I’m still finding new and exciting things to do throughout the state.
- My girlfriend is my adventure partner.
- I’m actually terrible at dressing myself. I do my best to live in yoga pants and t-shirts.
- I do my best to hand out lots of praise, whether it’s a good Yelp! review, letting a manager know what a great employee they have, or a simple “thank you, this is great!”.
- Mimosas are my drink of choice…which automatically makes brunch my favorite meal 😉
I’m looking forward to connecting with you. Feel free to reach out or share your thoughts through instagram, my contact page, or comments on the blog posts you enjoy!