Welcome to my blog focused on all things wellness related in the workplace! Thank you for taking the time to swing by, I’m Kelijo (sounds like Kelly-Jo) your workplace wellness guru!
With a degree in a health/fitness field, the idea of working in a traditional office environment was my worst nightmare. For years I was able to avoid it but eventually the time came where like many…I was surrounded by bland, five foot tall, drab cubicle walls. I settled into a career that promoted employee wellness and it quickly became my passion. We spend almost 1/3 of our lives on the job. There is a fine line between work and personal life and it’s important that we prioritize our health on the job and away from the desk because they go hand in hand.
So what’s my goal here?
With the abundance of information on the internet regarding workplace wellness, my goal is to filter through it for you and keep things simple and accessible. I know first hand how overwhelming it can be to sift through endless pages to find the information you’re looking for. Whether you want a five minute workout to stretch those kinks from sitting at a desk all day or learn how to Zen your personal office space….I’m here to provide ideas and clarification on how to create and maintain the “healthiest you” at work!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I really enjoy hiking, it’s probably my favorite hobby.
- The OA on Netflix is my favorite show to watch right now.
- My favorite movies are The Lion King and White Chicks which are on completely random ends of the spectrum, I know!
- I have 3 fur babies. Two dogs named Maggie and Snoopy, and one cat named Potato.
- I’m in grad school for an MBA which is very exciting but also nerve wracking.
- I have PMDD which makes life pretty difficult sometimes (especially work) which is why I’m passionate about wellness in the workplace.
- I was born and raised in California and I’m still finding new and exciting things to do throughout the state.
- My girlfriend is my adventure partner.
- My favorite burgers are from Broderick’s. Also, I really like burgers which is why this is even on this list.
- I’m actually terrible at dressing myself. I do my best to live in yoga pants and t-shirts.
- I’m a ranch dressing snob. There’s good ranch dressing and bad ranch dressing….not all ranch dressing is created equal.
- I do my best to hand out lots of praise, whether it’s a good Yelp! review, letting a manager know what a great employee they have, or a simple “thank you, this is great!”.
- I like Mimosas
I’m looking forward to sharing more of my life with you on instagram and I’m excited to get to know you as well! Feel free to reach out or share your thoughts through comments on the blog posts you enjoy!